MISSION - BELIEFS
We have ONE Mission - “to build one life at a time by equipping people for their God given purpose”.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We believe that there are essential beliefs and non-essential beliefs. Most of the time people get caught up in the non-essentials and miss the point of why Jesus came and what He did for us. In the non-essentials, we have liberty. We don’t expect, nor would we want, everyone to think exactly the same about every issue of theology or doctrine. There are, however, several essentials that we believe we must be unified around and support wholeheartedly. These are the essentials …
We believe that there is one God and that by Him all things are created. He is all-powerful, all-knowing, ever present, unchanging, perfect, completely worthy of our trust, and above all, holy. God is completely good, loving, compassionate and faithful to His people and His promises.
(Deut 32:39; 1 Sam 2:2; Is 44:8; Mk 12:32; Lk 18:19; 1 Cor 8:6; 12:18)
THE INERRANCY OF THE BIBLE
We believe that the Bible is God’s Word to all people. It was written by human authors under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. The Bible is truth without any mixture or error and is completely relevant to our lives today.
(2 Tim 3:16; 2 Pet 1:20-21; Prov 30:5; Rom 16:25-26)
We believe that Jesus, being in nature God, born of a virgin, gave up His divine privileges and left the comfort of heaven, taking on the humble position of a servant, to be born into the chaos and corruption of fallen humanity. He lived innocently, died unjustly and rose again to conquer sin and death, providing a way for man to be eternally reconciled to God.
(Jn 1:1, 14, 20:28; 1 Tim 3:16; Is 9:6; Phil 1:21-23, 2:5-6, 3:21; 1 Tim 2:5; Matt 1:18, 23-25; Lk 1:27-35, 24:16, 36, 39; Is 7:14, 1 Jn 1:7; Rev 1:5, 5:9; Col 1:20; Rom 3:10-12, 23, 5:9; John 1:29; 2:19-21, 20:26-28, 21:4; Acts 24:15; 1 Cor 15:42, 44)
THE HOLY SPIRIT
We believe that the Holy Spirit is God’s presence with mankind and convicts all people for sin. For believers, the Spirit renews the soul, empowers Christ-like living, imparts spiritual gifts, and guides into all truth.
(Joel 2:28-29; Matt 3:11; Mk 16:17; Acts 1:5, 2:1-4, 17, 38-39, 8:14-17, 44-47, 11:15-17, 19:1-6; Heb 2:4; Rom 1:11, 12:4-8; Eph 4:16; 2 Tim 1:5-16, 4:14; 1 Cor 12:1-31, 14:1-40; 1 Pet 4:10)
We believe that God exists as one substance in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Although each member of the Trinity serves different functions, they each possess equal power and authority, all actively operating in complete unity to bring salvation to people and restoration to the world.
(1 Jn 5:7; Gen 1:26; Matt 3:16-17; Lk 1:35; Is 9:6; Heb 3:7-11)
THE VALUE OF PEOPLE
We believe that people were created in the image of God and are the supreme object of His creation. Man was created to have fellowship with God, but became separated in that relationship through sinful disobedience. As a result, man cannot be reconciled to God through his own effort. Every human is uniquely created, possesses dignity and is worthy of respect and Christian love.
(Gen 1:26-31, 3:1-7; Rom 5:12-21, 8:11, 29, 12:1-2; Jer 1:5, 29:11; 1 Thes 4:3, 5:23; 2 Cor 3:18, 6:14-18, 2 Thes 2:1-3; Heb 2:11; John 1:12, 14:17, 23, 15:4; Rev 3:20)
THE CHOICE OF ETERNITY
We believe that people were created to exist forever – either in communion with God through forgiveness and salvation, which is only found in Jesus, or eternally separated from God by sin. God honors each person’s choice for separation or communion.
(Matt 5:3, 12, 20, 6:20, 19:21, 25:34, 41; Jn 17:24; 2 Cor 5:1; Heb 9:27, 11:16; 1 Pet 1:4; Mk 9:43-48; Rev 14:9-11, 20:12-15, 21:8)
THE GIFT OF SALVATION
We believe that we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus. The blood of Jesus, shed on the cross, provides the only way of salvation through the forgiveness of sin. Salvation occurs when people recognize and confess their sin and place their faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus as sufficient payment for their sin. Salvation is a gift from God and it cannot be earned through our own efforts.
(Jn 3:16, 6:44, 65; Eph 2:8-9; Gal 2:16, 3:8; Titus 3:5; Rom 10:9-10; Acts 2:21, 3:19, 16:31; Heb 9:22; I John 1:9-10)
THE MINISTRY OF THE CHURCH
We believe that the church is a local community of believers unified through faith in Jesus. It is committed to the teachings of Jesus, to obeying all His commands, and it seeks to bring the gospel to the world. The church is not perfect because it involves imperfect people. But Jesus is perfect and He is the one and only true head of the church. The church works together in love and unity, with the ultimate goal of following and honoring Jesus.
(Matt 16:18; Acts 9:31, 20:28; Eph 1:22, 3:10, 21, 5:23, 25, Col 1:18; 24, Acts 2:42-47)
THE GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
We believe that the Holy Spirit has supernatural abilities to distribute to Christians for the instruction and empowering of every believer and when operated in balance and order will bring God glory.
(1 Corinthians 12:1-12;14:40, John 16:13-14)
We believe that water baptism by immersion in the name of the father, son, and Holy Spirit, should be followed by all believers as public profession of their faith in Christ.
(Matthew 28:19, acts 2:38; 8:36-38)
We believe that the holy ordinances of communion should be received by believers walking in fellowship with the Lord Jesus Christ as a remembrance and celebration of what Christ accomplished for them on the cross.
(Luke 22:19-20 1 Corinthians 11:23-29)
THE RETURN OF CHRIST
We believe that God’s kingdom has come in the ministry of Jesus, that it continues through the ministry of the Spirit through the Church, and that it will be consummated in the glorious, visible and triumphant appearing of Christ when He returns to earth in the rapture. After which there will be a final judgment and the creation of a new heaven and a new earth where we will either live forever in communion with God or be eternally separated from God.
(Matt 24:30; 26:63-64; Acts 1:9-11; 1 Thes 4:15-17; 2 Thes 1:7-8; Rev 1:7)
MARRIAGE AND HUMAN SEXUALITY
• We believe that all matters of faith and conduct must be evaluated on the basis of Holy Scripture, which is our infallible guide (2 Timothy 3:16–17). Since the Holy Bible does speak to the nature of human beings and their sexuality, it is imperative that we correctly understand and articulate what the Bible teaches on these matters.
• We are committed to the home and family as set forth in Holy Scripture. We believe God has ordained and created marriage to exist between one man and one woman, with absolute marital fidelity. The Bible sets forth specific home and family values, which include the distinct roles of husbands and wives, fathers and mothers, and children. It is our firm conviction that we uphold the dignity of each individual as we embrace the unchanging and longstanding principles of scriptural truth.
Based on Holy Scripture and the constant moral teaching of the universal Church, we believe:
• Marriage — Life Point Church defines marriage as the permanent, exclusive, comprehensive, and conjugal “one flesh” union of one man and one woman, intrinsically ordered to procreation and biological family, and in furtherance of the moral, spiritual, and public good of binding father, mother, and child. (Genesis 1:27-28, Genesis 2:18-24, Matthew 19:4-9, Mark 10:5-9, Ephesians 5:31-33)
• Sexual Immorality — Life Point Church believes that sexual acts outside marriage are prohibited as sinful. Consequently, Life Point Church members must resist and refrain from any and all sexual acts outside marriage — including but not limited to adultery, fornication, incest, zoophilia, pornography, prostitution, masturbation, voyeurism, pedophilia, exhibitionism, sodomy, polygamy, polyamory, sologamy, or same-sex sexual acts. (Exodus 20:14, Leviticus 18:7-23, Leviticus 20:10-21, Deuteronomy 5:18, Matthew 15:19, Matthew 5:27-28, Matthew 15:19, Romans 1:26-27, 1 Corinthians 6:9-13, 1 Thessalonians 4:3, Hebrews 13:4, Galatians 5:19, Ephesians 4:17-19, Colossians 3:5)
• Sexual Identity — Life Point Church believes that God created mankind in His image: male (man) and female (woman), sexually different but with equal personal dignity. Consequently, Life Point Church members must affirm their biological sex and refrain from any and all attempts to physically change, alter, or disagree with their predominant biological sex — including but not limited to elective sex-reassignment, transvestite, transgender, or non-binary “genderqueer” acts or conduct. (Genesis 1:26-28, Romans 1:26-32, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11)
• Sexual Orientation — Life Point Church believes that God created and ordered human sexuality to the permanent, exclusive, comprehensive, and conjugal “one flesh” union of man and woman, intrinsically ordered to procreation and biological family, and in furtherance of the moral, spiritual, and public good of binding father, mother, and child. Consequently, Life Point Church members must affirm the sexual complementarity of man and woman and resist any and all same-sex sexual attractions and refrain from any and all same-sex sexual acts or conduct, which are intrinsically disordered. (Genesis 1:27, Genesis 2:24, Matthew 19:4-6, Mark 10:5-9, Romans 1:26-27, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, Ephesians 5:25-27, Revelation 19:7-9, Revelation 21:2)
• Sexual Redemption — Life Point Church believes that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God and should seek redemption through confession, repentance, baptism, and faith in Jesus Christ. Consequently, Life Point Church members must welcome and treat with respect, compassion, and sensitivity all who experience same-sex attractions or confess sexually immoral acts but are committed to resisting sexual temptation, refraining from sexual immorality, and conforming their behavior to Life Point Church’s Statement of Faith. (Matthew 11:28-30, Romans 3:23, Ephesians 2:1-10, I Corinthians 10:13, Hebrews 2:17-18, Hebrews 4:14-16)
• Celibacy — Life Point Church believes that Holy Scripture grants two life-enhancing options for human sexual behavior: (1) the conjugal “one flesh” marital union of one man and one woman, and (2) celibacy. Either is a gift from God, given as He wills for His glory and the good of those who receive and rejoice in His gift to them. Celibacy and faithful singleness is to be celebrated and affirmed within the Life Point Church. (Genesis 1:27-28; 2:18, 21-24; Matthew 19:4-6; Mark 10:5-8; Hebrews 13:4; 1 Corinthians 7:1-8; Matthew 19:12; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Romans 12:10; 1 Timothy 5:1-2)
Marriage and Human Sexuality
• Genesis 1:26-28
• Genesis 2:18-24
• Genesis 19:5-10
• Exodus 20:14
• Leviticus 18:7-23
• Leviticus 20:10-21
• Deuteronomy 5:18
• Judges 19:22-24
• Matthew 5:27-28
• Matthew 15:19
• Matthew 19:4-9
• Mark 10:5-9
• Romans 1:26-27
• 1 Corinthians 6:9-13
• 1 Corinthians 5:21
• Galatians 5:19
• Ephesians 4:17-19
• Ephesians 5:25-27
• Ephesians 5:31
• Colossians 3:5
• 1 Thessalonians 4:3
• Hebrews 13:4
• 1 Timothy 1:8-10
• Jude 1:7
• Revelation 19:7-9
• Revelation 21:2
• Matthew 11:28-30
• Romans 3:23
• Ephesians 2:1-10
• 1 Corinthians 10:13
• Hebrews 2:17-18
• Hebrews 4:14-16
All of our members, employees, and volunteers must affirm and adhere to this Doctrinal and Religious Absolute statement on marriage and human sexuality to qualify for involvement with the ministry. This is necessary to accomplish our religious mission, goals and purpose. Behavior or counter-witnessing that does otherwise will impede and burden our integrity and religious mission. We believe that God’s grace can wipe the slate of guilt and sin, though the consequences are still incurred.
The Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God, acting as the source of authority over morality, our beliefs, Christian lifestyle and conduct. The Senior Pastor is charged with the ministerial responsibility of Biblical interpretation and promulgating religious policy. The Senior Pastor will determine life application as well as final matters relating to church theology, philosophy, Christian practice, faith, divine truth, morality, and theological and doctrinal resolutions.